Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dr Loosen "Dr. L" Riesling 2009

Having tasted a wine made by Dr. Loosen recently (J.L. Wolf), I figured that it was time that I tried his basic QbA level wine, a wine which seems to always be popular.
Sadly, compared to other similar priced wines, I found this rather disappointing. A moderate level of sweetness, about the level I expect of a Mosel QbA, but that was pretty much about it. The typical flavors were there, but rather muted, and the lack of acidity allows the sweetness to become overly dominant.

If you want a nice slightly sweet wine, a German QbA Riesling, especially one from the Mosel, is a great way to go. But this particular one doesn't quite make the grade. Instead, I suggest a bottle from Eiffel-Pfeffer (I may not have that spelling right; sorry), or Dr. Heidemanns-Bergweiler, which cost only a dollar or so more, but deliver a much better experience.

Not Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment