Sunday, January 29, 2012

Palmeri Napa Valley Chardonnay 2010

I have to be honest; I'm not a big chardonnay fan, so unless it is exceptionally good, I have a hard time getting excited.
The Palmeri Chardonnay is a classic example of California chard fermented and/or aged in oak (there is no indication on the bottle as to how this one was produced). Good fruit, well balanced oak, and just enough creaminess from malolactic fermentation to keep it from being sharp.

If you're like your Chards oaky, this is a good one. But if you're looking for something with a lot of buttery creaminess, or a wine that is very elegant, you will likely be disappointed. That said, I would say that at $20, the Palmeri is a good value, although for my personal tastes, I'd go with the more elegant and less oaky Sonoma Loeb, or perhaps a Pouilly Fuisse.

Recommended for those looking for a rich oaky California Chard.

No comments:

Post a Comment